Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to choose the benefits that best meet the needs of you and your family. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment for calendar year 2024.
Enrollment is now live and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT Oct. 27, 2023. Elections will be effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2024, and cannot be changed after the enrollment period closes, unless you have a qualifying life event.
All eligible employees must elect a health plan or waive coverage. If you do not complete the enrollment process, you will default to the Choice Consumer-Driven Health Plan (Choice CDHP) at your current individual or family coverage level.
Log in to MyVU Benefits to elect, make changes to, or waive coverage for:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health care flexible spending account (FSA), which is a tax-advantaged account you can use to pay for eligible medical expenses for you and your eligible dependents
- Dependent care FSA, which is a tax-advantaged account you can use to reimburse eligible dependent care and elder care expenses
NOTE: Open Enrollment is your only chance to make your benefits selections for 2024 unless you experience a qualifying life event. If you do have a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby, you’ll have 30 days from the date of the event to make changes to your benefits.
You must log in to MyVU Benefits to:
- Make your 2024 benefit elections
- Confirm the dependent(s) you’d like to cover
- Select or update your beneficiary(ies) for life and AD&D insurance
- Attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free (eligible employees can save $20 per month on health care premiums)
- Attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you will pay a spousal fee of $100 per month in addition to the monthly premium.
Learn more about Open Enrollment and sign up for 2024 benefits at vu.edu/oe.