Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to choose the benefits that best meet the needs of you and your family. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment for calendar year 2024 benefits.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. CT on Monday, Oct. 16, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, Oct. 27. Elections are effective from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2024, and cannot be changed after the enrollment period closes unless you have a qualifying life event.
All eligible employees must elect a health plan or waive coverage. If you do not complete the enrollment process, you will be defaulted into the Choice Consumer-Driven Health Plan (Choice CDHP) at your current individual or family coverage level.
Log in to My VU Benefits to elect, make changes to, or waive coverage for:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health care flexible spending account (FSA), which is a tax-advantaged account you can use to pay for eligible medical expenses for you and your eligible dependents
- Dependent care FSA, which is a tax-advantaged account you can use to reimburses eligible child care or elder care expenses
NOTE: Open Enrollment is your only chance to make your benefits selections for 2024 unless you experience a qualifying life event, such has getting married or having a baby. If you do have a life event, you’ll have 30 days from the date of the event to make changes to your benefits.
You must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- Make your 2024 benefits elections
- Confirm the dependent(s) you’d like to cover
- Select or update your beneficiary(ies) for life and AD&D insurance
- Attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on health care premiums.
- Attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you will pay a spousal fee of $100 per month in addition to the monthly premium.
On campus lab
The Benefits team will be on campus at Sarratt Student Center, Room 325/327, on Thursday, Oct. 19, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT to assist with answering your benefits and Open Enrollment questions.
Learn more about Open Enrollment and sign up for 2024 benefits at vu.edu/oe.