Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to choose the benefits that best meet the needs of you and your family. To ensure that you’re enrolled in your desired plans, all benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment, even if you do not plan to make changes or waive coverage.
Open Enrollment will be on My VU Benefits between 8 a.m. Oct. 16 and 11:59 p.m. Oct. 27. You can make or change your elections as often as you would like during this time. Your choices are saved as you go through each step of the process, even if you do not click all the way through to the confirmation page.
Detailed guide and website available
Get to know your options now in preparation for Open Enrollment. The Open Enrollment website is live with the most up-to-date information for your 2024 benefit options. On the website, you can find helpful information such as:
Consider your choices carefully; once open enrollment ends, you cannot make changes to your benefits unless you experience a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby. Benefits selected during the enrollment period will begin Jan. 1, 2024.
What’s changed for 2024?
- Premiums have increased from 2023
- Please take into account your known pharmacy needs for 2024 while reviewing these plan changes
2024 health insurance premiums
2024 monthly health insurance payroll premiums are on the Open Enrollment website. If you are paid bi-weekly or weekly, these amounts will be divided equally between your first two or four paychecks of each month. VU’s health plan costs for 2024 are projected to increase by 4.5 percent over 2023 due to several factors including inflation, utilization changes, new technology/services, demographics of the university’s population and more. Providing our employees with affordable benefits is a priority for Vanderbilt.
- Go to vu.edu/oe to learn more about Open Enrollment, review the detailed guides, read the FAQs or schedule a meeting with a representative from the Benefits Team.
- Attend the on-campus lab with members of the Benefits Team, 7 a.m.–5 p.m. CT Thursday, Oct. 19, at Sarratt room 325/327.
- Contact Human Resources 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday at email@example.com or 615-343-4788.