Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity to choose the benefits that best meet the needs of you and your family. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment for calendar year 2024.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Monday, Oct.16, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Friday, Oct. 27, 2023. Elections are effective Jan. 1– Dec. 31, 2024, unless you have a qualifying life event.
To enroll in or waive coverage for 2024, you’ll log in to MyVU Benefits and make your selections for the following benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Health care flexible spending account (FSA), which is a tax-advantaged account you can use to pay for qualified medical, dental and vision expenses for you and your eligible dependents
- Dependent care FSA, which is a tax-advantaged account you can use to reimburse qualified dependent childcare or elder care expenses
You can make changes to the following benefits at any time during the year, but be sure to review them during Open Enrollment:
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health Savings Account (only if enrolled in the Choice CDHP)
NOTE: Open Enrollment is your only chance to make your benefits selections for 2024 unless you experience a qualifying life event. If you do have a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby, you’ll have 30 days from the date of the event to make changes to your benefits by visiting hr.vanderbilt.edu/benefits. A list of qualifying events can be found on the Benefits website.
All benefits-eligible faculty and staff must log in to MyVU Benefits to:
- Make your 2024 benefits elections
- Confirm the dependent(s) you’d like to cover
- Select or update your beneficiary(ies) for life and AD&D insurance
- Attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free; eligible employees can save $20 per month on health care premiums
- Attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer, including Vanderbilt University Medical Center, you will pay a spousal fee of $100 per month. This fee is in addition to the health care premium amount.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2024 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.