- 615-322-6397 Email
- Vanderbilt University to host Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting in 2023
- MLAS Summer and Fall 2023 Course Offerings Announced
- Vanderbilt Divinity School names influential public theologian Yolanda Pierce as next dean
- ‘Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around: Womanist Truth, Womanist Resistance’ roundtable March 27
Vanderbilt Campus Dining’s popular Farm to Campus menu series will return March 20 for a second year. Focused on locally sourced ingredients grown by area farmers and producers, this menu series highlights Campus Dining’s commitment to sustainable practices throughout its network of dining halls, markets and cafes. Vanderbilt’s nationally recognized dining program offers a wide selection of locally sourced ingredients, hand-picked by decorated chefs and prepared fresh for the university community.
The 2023 edition of Farm to Campus will include three unique events featuring chef-curated meals using local and artisanal ingredients. This year’s lineup includes:
- Rand Dining Center, week of March 20, 11 a.m.–1 p.m. Presented by Chef Lakendra Davis, the specialty menu will be a charcuterie board featuring meats, cheeses and vegetables from local partners.
- Rothschild Dining Hall, week of April 3, 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Presented by Chef Doug Best, the specialty menu will be a variety of delicious fresh ingredients served at the Taco Shop station.
- Bronson Ingram Dining Hall, April 13, 11 a.m.– 1 p.m. Presented by Chef Audrey Patterson, the specialty menu will be a vegan kofta with local CinSoy tofu paired with yellow jeweled rice and curry mayo.
Farm to Campus events are open to all students, faculty and staff and can be redeemed using a regular meal swipe.
As a proud member of The Menus of Change University Research Collaborative, Vanderbilt University Campus Dining has pledged to accelerate efforts to move people toward healthier, more sustainable and delicious foods using evidence-based research, education and innovation. Integrating fresh, local and seasonal ingredients into menus is key to delivering on this promise, and Campus Dining continues its efforts to support sustainability throughout all operations.
For more information about Vanderbilt Campus Dining’s sustainability initiatives, click here.