Join HR Employee Learning and Engagement for our next Conversation Circle, a series for managers and leaders, on Oct. 26, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
This session will focus on managing teams of managers, including:
- How do you influence the culture on teams, and how does your leadership influence trickle down to staff on those teams?
- What tips might help with managing large teams?
This peer-to-peer learning series gives supervisors, managers and leaders a space to share and discuss insights and best practices while building their peer networks. Each one-hour circle targets a particular topic that’s trending among managers at Vanderbilt.
Conversation Circles are a space for sharing practical strategies and best practices, for interacting with peers who are in similar roles and for building your network.
Conversation Circles are not a space for training on specific topics or policies, for talking through or venting about a specific challenge you are facing on your team or for asking specific HR questions. For these areas, we encourage you to reach out to the HR Consulting, Employee and Labor Relations team.
Upcoming Conversation Circles sessions include:
- Nov. 9, 2–3 p.m., Succession Planning
Here’s what participants in previous Conversation Circles shared:
- I found it helpful to hear other people’s advice and best practices but was most struck by how it was also a safe space to acknowledge struggles that some have had.
- Grateful for interactive co-learning opportunities with colleagues! I appreciated the real-world examples shared in this session and the time to digest them with others at Vanderbilt with whom I may not otherwise get to collaborate. – Jackie Hansom, program manager, social innovation at the Wond’ry, Vanderbilt’s Center for Innovation
Eligibility: Any employee in a managerial, supervisory or leadership role is invited to participate in these conversations.
Conversation Circles are led by TaShunda Franklin, Chance Ryon and Krista Vaught from HR Employee Learning & Engagement, and the HR Consulting, Employee and Labor Relations team. The Conversation Circles are Level 3: Collaborate & Create, as peer-to-peer learning is heavily discussion-based.
*Please note: Enrollment within Oracle is for the Conversation Circle series. We invite you to join us for any session that aligns with your interest and availability.
Are you interested in submitting a discussion topic, sharing your strategies and experiences, or facilitating a Conversation Circle? We invite you to email TaShunda, Krista or your HR Consultant to share your ideas and interest.