The EdAssist portal is now available for submitting fall 2023 tuition benefit applications, including dependent tuition applications. You can find the EdAssist login, step-by-step tutorials and other resources available on the tuition pages of the HR website.
Applying for fall 2023:
- Eligible employees may submit an application 90 days or less prior to the class start date. For example, if your (or your dependent’s) semester starts on Aug. 25, you may submit applications beginning May 27. The deadline to submit an application is 30 days after the class start date.
- Educational tuition assistance benefits are available for eligible employee’s dependent children when the employee is at least 21 years old and has been employed full-time for the past five continuous years in a regular or term position at Vanderbilt University (or any other accredited college or university, with no break-in-service greater than three continuous months duration). The benefit begins with the academic semester following five years of continuous service.
- For dependent tuition, when entering the tuition amount for the semester the maximum amount that can be entered is capped at Vanderbilt’s current tuition amount. For the 2023–24 academic year, Vanderbilt’s tuition cost is $30,809.00 per semester (or $20,539.33 per quarter).
- VUMC-affiliated faculty members should use their university VUnetID (not their VUMC ID) to access the EdAssist system using the VU single sign-on (SSO). DUO multi-factor authentication is also required for access. For assistance with university VUnetID or DUO MFA, please contact the VUIT helpdesk.
If you need help completing the application or have questions about the process, please contact EdAssist:
- Talk with a live operator Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m. CT, at 844-266-1532.
- Chat with a customer service representative Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–3 p.m. CT, by clicking on the Support Services icon in EdAssist, then selecting Get Live Help.
- Submit a help ticket by clicking Contact Us from the left-hand menu in EdAssist.
- Email a customer service representative at VUTuitionBenefit@edassist.com.