Vanderbilt’s Student Care Network serves as your primary source for physical and mental health care, but it’s not always possible or convenient to meet with on-campus support staff. To ensure you have support anywhere at any time, Vanderbilt has provided a variety of resources to supplement SCN services.
- Vanderbilt Telehealth by AcademicLiveCare (VTALC) is a telehealth platform that enables you to attend behavioral and physical health appointments on a smartphone, computer or another mobile device, free of charge. To get started, visit the Student Care Network website. ALC will match you with a provider in the state you are calling from. It’s possible that you’ll need to switch providers should you wish to continue services in Tennessee after winter break.
- The Student Health Center offers urgent health consultations by phone, 24/7, by calling 615-322-2427.
- Headspace is an award-winning, research-backed digital tool for mindful living with more than 1,200 hours of themed meditations, sleep content, mindful movement exercises and focus music. Headspace has been shown to reduce stress, improve focus, and increase resilience and happiness. Enroll in Vanderbilt’s program here.
- My Student Support Program (My SSP) is a free, 24/7 confidential support program available to all international students. My SSP provides access to confidential counseling services by phone, live chat or video. Counselors are available who speak Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, French and English. For other language preferences, students may request an appointment with a counselor who speaks their preferred language depending on availability. Visit the Student Care Network website to learn more.
- Grief support is available during the break by contacting Associate University Chaplain and Associate Director of Religious Life Gretchen Person at email@example.com.
24/7 support for immediate needs
- University Counseling Center Urgent Care: Call 615-322-2571 (press 2 to speak with an after-hours counselor)
- Crisis Text Line: Text VANDY to 741741
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Dial 988