Employee Affinity Groups are employee-led and -facilitated groups formed around interests, backgrounds, identities and common bonds. Through participation in EAGs, Vanderbilt staff and faculty help foster a positive work environment at the university by actively contributing to its mission, values and efforts specific to diversity, inclusion and campus engagement.
In an effort to streamline the EAG creation process and ensure that new EAGs receive the support needed for a successful start, submissions will be accepted each summer. After the deadline for submissions, the EAG Administrative Council—consisting of leaders and staff support from the Office for EDI, the Office of the Chancellor and Human Resources—will review and select a finite number of new EAGs to launch during the coming academic year.
All new EAG suggestions must be submitted via an application. The application must include:
- a mission statement, which must align with central Vanderbilt’s mission and ongoing commitment to fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for all;
- an interest group roster with a minimum membership of 10 group members; and
- a designated leader or leaders who commit to an initial term of at least two years, as well as participation in the EAG Leadership Council, which will meet at least quarterly to identify opportunities, challenges and ways to enhance the Vanderbilt community. These details may change between the application and formal launch of the EAG, but it is best to have some potential leaders identified at the point of submission.
Individuals interested in forming an EAG but who still want more information are encouraged to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation with an EDI staff member to discuss goals and interests for a new identity or interest group.
Current Vanderbilt EAGs include the following:
- Association of Vanderbilt Black Faculty and Staff (AVBFS)
- Asian American Pacific Islander
- Disabilities and Chronic Health Conditions
- Early Career Professionals
- Golden Dores (age 50+)
- Glammadores (LGBTQIA+)
- Military and Veterans
- Single Parents
EAG submissions are due June 15. Anyone interested in submitting a proposal for a new EAG should complete the application form.