W-2 forms for 2020 available electronicallyDec. 7, 2020, 8:00 AM
Update your W-2 delivery preference by Jan. 4
Active Vanderbilt University employees can opt out of receiving paper W-2 forms by mail and instead access them electronically through Oracle.
Electronic W-2 forms have several benefits:
- Enhanced security: The online form is accessed through Oracle using your secure VUNetID and password. Sensitive personal information is not sent through regular mail.
- Earlier access: Electronic forms are available online sooner than forms sent by mail.
- Cost savings: Receiving your form electronically saves the expense of envelopes, postage and staff time.
The IRS requires that employees specifically acknowledge an agreement to receive their W-2 forms online only.
To elect to receive your W-2 electronically:
- Log in to Oracle using your VUNetID and password.
- Click the Pay icon.
- Click Document Delivery Preferences.
- For the W-2 document type, click the Edit ‘pencil’ icon on the right of the screen.
- Select Online for Delivery Method and Granted for Online Delivery Consent. Then click Save.
The election period is now open for you to opt out of receiving a paper W-2. Your choice will continue to apply in future tax years.
All active employees should review and confirm or update their mailing addresses in Oracle:
- Go to: Me
- Personal Information
- Contact Info
- Edit (if necessary)
- Save & Close
- Sign Out
Inactive or former employees will continue to receive paper forms by mail.
The distribution date for paper W-2 forms will be announced at a later date; however, paper W-2 forms will be postmarked no later than Jan. 31, 2021.