Register for spring group and private swim lessons at the RecJan. 11, 2018, 3:43 PM
Participants work individually or collectively in a group setting with a certified swim instructor. Depending on swim ability and the lesson curriculum, swimmers will learn techniques for basic water survival or stroke refinement.
Group lessons meet twice a week for four weeks. This session includes a total of eight lessons. Fridays are held as makeup days in case of inclement weather or pool closures.
- $180 per session: A session includes eight lessons
- Lessons are two days a week and are 30 to 50 minutes in length
- Fridays are reserved for makeup lessons in case of inclement weather
- Classes led by a Red Cross-Certified Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
Private lessons are 30 minutes in length and are one-on-one with an instructor. Lessons may be scheduled when the pool is open, with the exception of Mondays through Thursdays from 4 to 6 p.m. Once online registrations are received by the Vanderbilt Swim School office, lessons will be scheduled. **Due to instructor availability, Saturday and Sunday lessons are not available in January.
Semi-private lessons are 30 minutes in length with two participants per instructor. Participants should be at or near the same swim skill level and age for enrollment. Lessons may be scheduled when the pool is open, with the exception of Mondays through Thursdays from 4 to 6 p.m. Once online registrations are received by the Vanderbilt Swim School office, lessons will be scheduled. **Due to instructor availability Saturday and Sunday lessons are not available in January.
Registration for swim lessons requires each participant to have a Rec account:
- Participants can register for swim lessons through their Fusion profile. If the participant is a minor, the parent/guardian must register for the swim lessons under the minor’s profile.
- If you are a student/Rec member, you already have an account and can log in to register.
- If you are not a Vanderbilt student, Rec member, or are purchasing swim lessons for a minor, please create an account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/Account/Register by selecting the “Sign Up” button.
- Once you have created an account, you will be able to register for swim lessons.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org