Mayor appoints faculty, staff representatives to Metro boardsby Jennifer Johnston | Jul. 19, 2016, 9:26 AM
Metro Nashville Mayor Megan Barry has made a number of appointments to boards, committees and advisory committees in recent weeks. Among them are a number of members of the Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center communities, including:
- Sri Pallavaram, research associate for the Vanderbilt Institute in Surgery and Engineering (VISE), to the Nashville New Americans Advisory Council;
- Melanie Lutenbacher, associate professor of nursing and associate professor of medicine, and Susan Kay, associate dean for clinical affairs and clinical professor of law, to Metro’s Domestic Abuse Review Team;
- Eddie Wright-Rios, associate professor of history and director of undergraduate studies for the Department of History, to the Music Makes Us Advisory Council;
- Corbette Doyle, lecturer in organizational leadership in the Department of Leadership, Policy and Organizations, Bonnie Dow, professor and chair of the Department of Communications Studies, and Tracey George, Charles B. Cox III and Lucy D. Cox Family Chair in Law and Liberty, professor of political science, and director of the Cecil D. Branstetter Litigation and Dispute Resolution Program, to the Mayor’s Council on Gender Equity;
- Elisa Friedman, director of planning and community engagement for the Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance, to the Healthy Nashville Leadership Council;
- Marie Griffin, professor of health policy and director of the Vanderbilt University Master of Public Health Program, and Natasha Deane, research associate professor in the Vanderbilt Institute of Imaging Science, to Greenways for Nashville, which advises the Greenways Commission; and
- Jeff Gray, manager of Vanderbilt Communications for Vanderbilt Lifeflight, to the Emergency Radio Management Committee.
The Smart City Working Group, appointed by the mayor and also known as Connected Nashville, includes the following members of the Vanderbilt community:
- Abhishek Dubey, research scientist and adjunct assistant professor of computer science;
- Mario Avila, founding director of the Turner Family Center for Social Ventures, Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management;
- Gautam Biswas, professor of computer science, professor of computer engineering and professor of engineering management;
- James Fraser, associate professor in the Department of Human and Organizational Development;
- Ebony McGee, assistant professor of education, diversity and STEM education in the Department of Teaching and Learning;
- Hasina Akhtar Mohyuddin, doctoral student in the Department of Human and Organizational Development; and
- Jules White, assistant professor of computer science.
If you know of other members of the Vanderbilt community serving on Metro boards and councils, please send that information to the contact below so they may be included.
Jennifer Johnston, (615) 322-NEWS