UPDATE: The April 29 retirement income planning seminar is full. To place your name on a waiting list:
- Go to the Fidelity website.
- Complete the online registration form.
- You will see a message that the event is full, and then you will be placed on the waiting list.
Original story posted April 9, 2014: Saving for retirement is different than living in retirement. That’s why Human Resources and Fidelity Investments are offering a special seminar for Vanderbilt employees, “The Fundamentals of Retirement Income Planning.”
The event is scheduled for Tuesday, April 29, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the University Club in the Cumberland Room. Topics will include:
- Deciding when you may be able to retire;
- Estimating how long your money may last; and
- Preparing for challenges you might face in retirement.
While the event is open to all faculty and staff, it is primarily geared to those who are 10 to 15 years away from retirement. Food and drinks will be served.
Please RSVP by April 28 by visiting http://www.seeuthere.com/vanderbilt or calling 800-642-7131.
As a reminder, Vanderbilt employees who participate in the retirement plan are eligible for free retirement counseling sessions with certified professionals. There is no cost for the sessions; free counseling is a benefit of participating in the Vanderbilt University Retirement Plan. To schedule an appointment, see the Individual Retirement Plan Counseling website.
Contact the Employee Service Center at email@example.com or (615) 343-7000.