As part of an ongoing series designed to help all employees prepare for retirement, Human Resources will sponsor two free education sessions Aug. 27-28. During the sessions, experts on Social Security and Medicare will discuss eligibility, enrollment and benefits.
The sessions are designed for employees aged 62 and older, but everyone is welcome to attend regardless of age or retirement plan participation. There will be plenty of time for Q&A at the end of each session. While no registration is required, please note that space is limited.
- Date: Aug. 27, 2013
- Time: 11:30 a.m.-12:25 p.m.
- Location: Light Hall, Room 208
- Speaker: Joshua Horn, Social Security Administration
- Description: Learn the basics about current Social Security programs and policies, including retirement and survivor benefits.
Medicare 101: The A, B, C and Ds
- Date: Aug. 28, 2013
- Time: Noon-12:55 p.m.
- Location: Light Hall, Room 202
- Speaker: Barbara Acuna, advocate, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Description: Are you planning for retirement and want to know more about Medicare? Do you think you might work past age 65 and want to know how to handle your Medicare enrollment? Perhaps you want to help your loved ones with their Medicare choices and wish you understood more? Acuna’s presentation will prepare you to make educated decisions.
Please contact the Employee Service Center.