Vanderbilt employees who participate in the retirement plan are eligible for free retirement counseling. As part of an ongoing service to Vanderbilt faculty and staff, Human Resources offers 30-minute sessions with the four retirement vendors. During a session, employees will meet one-on-one with a licensed retirement planning counselor for an in-depth consultation regarding their retirement planning needs.
Employees can discuss the financial questions that matter most to them, such as:
- Am I saving enough? How can I save more?
- What are the benefits of participating in my retirement plan?
- How do I choose the right investments?
- Can I afford to retire when I want?
To schedule an appointment, employees may contact the retirement plan investment company directly using the phone number or email address provided on the Retirement Plan Counseling website. Spouses or partners also are welcome to attend the meeting.
For more information about the Vanderbilt University Retirement Plan, visit the Retirement Plan pages of the HR website.
If you have questions, please contact the Employee Service Center.
Walk-in – HR Express (3 locations):
- 2525 West End Ave., 2nd Floor. Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks, 719 Thompson Lane. Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Villages at Vanderbilt, 21st Avenue South. Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Call: (615) 343-7000. Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Live Chat: http://hr.vanderbilt.edu/esc/. Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.