Skip to main content

Deadlines approaching for 2011 Flexible Spending Account claims

Mar. 6, 2012, 9:20 AM

Human Resources reminds Flexible Spending Account (FSA) participants to make note of important deadlines in March and April. Employees who participated in the 2011 Health Care or Dependent Care FSA should mark their calendars for the following dates:

  • March 15, 2012, is the last day to incur a claim on your 2011 account.
  • April 14, 2012, is the last day to file a claim for reimbursement from your 2011 account.

FSAs are a use-it-or-lose-it benefit. According to IRS rules, all claims for 2011-eligible expenses must be submitted by April 14, 2012, or any funds remaining in a 2011 FSA will be lost.

To submit a claim:

  • Submit online using the PayFlex website. You will need to register using your seven-digit Vanderbilt employee ID (include all the zeroes). To find your employee ID, log in to the C2HR website and look for your ID number in the right column under your name. The Payflex website explains how to upload receipts.
  • Submit by mail: Download and print the Health and Dependent Care Claim Form on the PayFlex website. Mail to PayFlex Systems USA, Inc., Flex Dept., P.O. Box 3039, Omaha, NE 68103-3039.

To check your available account balance, log in to the PayFlex website or call 1-800-284-4885. The PayFlex website also has guidelines about allowable FSA expenses and claim filing requirements.

Contact: Employee Service Center, (615) 343-7000