The Vanderbilt Dayani Center for Health and Wellness, in conjunction with Health Plus, is offering the Vanderbilt Weight Workshop, a holistic approach to promoting healthy nutrition, motivation, physical activity, empowerment and well-being for adults.
A Tuesday evening class (5:30-7 p.m.) is forming with FREE orientation sessions on Monday, Jan. 30, at noon and 5:30 p.m. The actual class starts the following evening.
Discounts and partial reimbursements offered to Vanderbilt employees reflect a savings of almost 50 percent off the full price of the workshop, and payroll deduction over 12 months is available to Vanderbilt employees.
The workshop emphasizes:
- Group support and accountability
- Making your being and your health a priority
- Becoming and staying motivated for healthy changes
- Healthier eating on-the-go
- Reasons for eating when we’re not even hungry
- Tailoring meal plans for weight loss
- Fitting healthy activity into busy lives
- Shared experiences, laughter and fun
The Program includes:
- Weekly interactive class sessions
- Individualized workout programs with a personal trainer
- 5-month’s use of the Dayani Center’s exercise facility, walking track and indoor pool
- Access to exercise classes, such as yoga, tai chi, Zumba, body sculpt, dance, Pilates, group cycling and water aerobics
- Colin Armstrong, Ph.D. – clinical health psychologist and certified health and wellness coach
- Angel Bachuss, M.S. – certified personal trainer
- Jennifer Moore, R.D., L.D.N., M.P.H. – registered dietitian
- Program fee: $695 ($495 for Vanderbilt employees and their immediate family members)
- In addition to the $200 discount, full-time Vanderbilt employees who complete the program may qualify for reimbursement of up to $142.50 of their fee, courtesy of Health Plus.
- Payroll deduction over 12 months ($41.25 per month) is available to Vanderbilt employees.
Contact: Colin Armstrong