To our postdoctoral scholars:
Welcome to the 2023–24 academic year!
This year, as always, your work will help Vanderbilt advance human understanding and address some of the world’s most urgent and complex challenges. Thank you for all you bring to our university.
Last year was Vanderbilt’s strongest year ever by many measures, and this year promises to be even better:
- We’re continuing to celebrate our Sesquicentennial, the 150th anniversary of our founding.
- We’re bringing researchers, industry professionals and leaders from around the world to campus to explore the most pressing issues of our time—including AI and free speech, cyberdefense, health equity and the future of democracy.
- We’re expanding our global presence, increasing your opportunities for connection with scholars, artists, innovators and students worldwide.
- We’ll debut Quantum Potential, a series of fresh-take video portraits of Vanderbilt researchers who are changing the world.
- And today we are especially proud to launch Dialogue Vanderbilt, an initiative that will help you make your voice heard and equip you with the skills to have tough conversations in a polarized time.
I hope you’re feeling as inspired as I am by the possibilities ahead of us. My very best to all of you as we begin another year of daring to grow together.