The HR Employee Learning and Engagement team invites you to participate in virtual, in-person and self-paced learning experiences.
ELE unlocks the potential of every Vanderbilt employee by offering innovative and meaningful learning experiences, creating space to foster conversations and connections and encouraging a culture of learning and growth. Our vision is for every employee to feel connected and integral to Vanderbilt’s mission, empowered to invest in themselves and succeed in their role, engaged in the campus community and inspired to design their best future.
Subscribe to the Rooted in Learning newsletter to learn about upcoming professional development opportunities offered through Human Resources.
We welcome you to engage with us during our live virtual learning experiences, designed exclusively for our Vanderbilt community and led by our ELE team. We know that on some days, you are ready to fully participate in breakout room discussions and activities, while on others, you may want to participate more passively. Our participation levels will guide you in selecting learning opportunities that are a good fit for you, your schedule and your energy. Below, participation levels are indicated by 1* (Consume & Consider), 2* (Comment & Connect), or 3* (Collaborate & Create).
To learn more about a workshop and to register for any learning experience, please visit the links below, visit our website, or search for “ELE” on SkyVU/Oracle under Learning. Please note that our workshops are offered at no cost to all VU employees.
Live learning experiences:
- CliftonStrengths, Strengths-Based Goal Setting (2*), Jan. 25, 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Monthly Refresh: Mini-Sessions for Reflecting, Setting Goals and Making Progress (1-3*), Jan. 30, 11:30–11:55 a.m.
- Managing Up 101 (2*), Jan. 31, 1–2 p.m.
- Atomic Habits (2*), Feb. 1, 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- #IamRemarkable (3*), Feb. 16, 2–3:30 p.m.
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (2*), Feb. 21, 1:30–3 p.m.
- Monthly Refresh: Mini-Sessions for Reflecting, Setting Goals and Making Progress (1-3*), Feb. 27, 11:30–11:55 a.m.
- Way of Work (WoW) Series—Part 1: Learning, Failure and Psychological Safety (2*), Feb. 28, 2–3 p.m.
- Say “Yes” to Leadership! (2*), March 2, 3–4:30 p.m.
- CliftonStrengths for Leaders (3*), March 7, 2–3:30 p.m. in person
- Engaged, Not Engaged or Actively Disengaged? The Importance of Employee Engagement (3*), March 23, 10–11:30 a.m.
- Monthly Refresh: Mini-Sessions for Reflecting, Setting Goals and Making Progress (1-3*), March 27, 11:30–11:55 a.m.
- Way of Work (WoW) Series—Part 2: Contribution and Autonomy for the Win (2*), April 12, 1–2 p.m.
- Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace (2*), April 26, 1–2:30 p.m.
- CliftonStrengths for VU Employees (3*), April 27, 2–3:30 p.m.
- Monthly Refresh: Mini-Sessions for Reflecting, Setting Goals and Making Progress (1-3*), May 1, 11:30–11:55 a.m.
Conversation Circles: A Series for Managers and Leaders (hosted by ELE and HR Consulting):
- Performance Management – Jan. 12, 2:30–3:30 p.m.
- Performance Management – Jan. 18, 11 a.m.–noon
- Performance Management – Jan. 24, 10–11 a.m.
- Employee Engagement and Morale – Feb. 2, 1–2 p.m.
- Managing Hybrid and Remote Work and Teams – March 8, 11 a.m.–noon
- Supporting Mental Health and Work-Life Balance – April 5, 11 a.m.–noon
Enroll in these sessions on Oracle Cloud. Please note that the January sessions are standalone. We hope one will align with your availability, and we welcome you to participate in as many as you’d like.
Available in a self-paced format (recorded sessions):
- Creating Presentations That Stick: Design Principles
- Creating Presentations That Stick: Engaging Your Audience
- Zoomed Out: Virtual Meeting Fatigue and How to Combat It
- Dancing Around the Elephants in the Room: A Microlearning Experience on Naming and Acknowledging Our Realities
- A Microlearning Series on Positive Psychology: Awe, Gratitude, Mindfulness, Connectedness and Self-Compassion
Our team has also selected resources on a variety of relevant topics, including career growth, communication, leadership, mentorship and teamwork, to share with you.
If you would like to offer feedback on potential professional development opportunities, suggest any topic ideas or are interested in hosting a workshop for your department or team, we’d love to hear from you. To request a learning experience for your team, we invite you to submit this request form. To share ideas or feedback, please email the HR ELE team at email@example.com.