Join HR Employee Learning and Engagement for Conversation Circles, a series for managers and leaders, this semester. January Conversation Circles will focus on performance management and review.
This peer-to-peer learning series creates an intentional space where supervisors, managers and leaders can share and discuss insights and best practices while building their peer networks. Each one-hour circle sparks conversations around a particular trending topic among managers at Vanderbilt.
Join our Conversation Circles this semester on:
- Performance Management – Jan. 18, 11 a.m.–noon
- Performance Management – Jan. 24, 10–11 a.m.
- Employee Engagement and Morale – Feb. 2, 1–2 p.m.
- Managing Hybrid and Remote Work and Teams – March 8, 11 a.m.–noon
- Supporting Mental Health and Work-Life Balance – April 5, 11 a.m.–noon
Enroll in these sessions on Oracle Cloud. Please note: The January sessions are standalone. We hope one will align with your availability, and we welcome you to participate in as many as you’d like.
Would you like to gain insight into strategies that managers and supervisors across the university are using to address common topics and challenges? Would you like to share best practices and strategies you’ve learned or developed? Or are you interested in building your network and community by interacting around hot topics? Join us as we explore and discuss common scenarios, challenges and resources and spark connections among managers and leaders across the university.
Conversation Circles are a space for sharing practical strategies and best practices, for interacting with peers who are in similar roles, and for building your network.
Conversation Circles are not a space for training on specific topics or policies, for talking through or venting about a specific challenge you are facing on your team, or for asking specific HR questions. For these areas, we encourage you to reach out to the HR Consulting, Employee and Labor Relations team.
Here’s what some participants in previous Conversation Circles shared:
- I’ll admit, I wasn’t sure what to expect from Conversation Circles when I signed up, and I have since discovered that I LOVE them. We get time to work through case studies with colleagues across campus. The case studies are relevant to all departments, and I always learn something from fellow leaders. I highly recommend this series! —Conversation Circle participant
- I really appreciated the Conversation Circle topic of Mental Health and Your Team. It was refreshing to able to speak candidly with other leaders and discuss ways we are all helping our employees through this unprecedented time. I liked being able to bounce ideas off each other and to know that we are all doing our best as managers to help our teams.
—Christine Fogg, senior financial unit manager, Plant Operations & SEMO
- Grateful for interactive co-learning opportunities with colleagues! I appreciated the real-world examples shared in this session and the time to digest them with others at Vanderbilt with whom I may not otherwise get to collaborate. —Jackie Hansom, program manager, social innovation at the Wond’ry, Vanderbilt’s Innovation Center
Eligibility: Any employee in a managerial, supervisory or leadership role is invited to participate in these conversations.
Conversation Circles are led by TaShunda Franklin and Krista Vaught from HR Employee Learning & Engagement and the HR Consulting, Employee and Labor Relations team. The Conversation Circles are Level 3: Collaborate & Create, as peer-to-peer learning is heavily discussion-based. Our time together will involve breakout rooms and opportunities to share and network with peers.
To register for Conversation Circles, please visit this direct link or search for “ELE” on SkyVu/Oracle under Learning. *Please note: Enrollment within Oracle is for the Conversation Circle series; we invite you to join us for any session that aligns with your interest and availability.
Are you interested in submitting a discussion topic, sharing your strategies and experiences or facilitating a Conversation Circle? We invite you to email TaShunda, Krista or your HR Consultant to share your ideas and interest.
Subscribe to the Rooted in Learning newsletter to learn about upcoming professional development opportunities offered through Human Resources.