- 615-322-6397 Email
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to elect or update the benefits that best meet the needs of you and your family. To ensure enrollment in your desired plans, all benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. CT on Monday, Oct. 17, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, Oct. 28. Elections are effective from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2023, unless you have a qualifying life event.
You will log in to My VU Benefits (available on hr.vanderbilt.edu/benefits) to elect, make changes to or waive coverage for the following benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse qualified medical expenses for you and your dependents
- Dependent care FSAs, which reimburse qualified dependent care expenses
NOTE: You can only select the 2023 benefits described above during Open Enrollment (or within 30 days of a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby). A list of qualifying events can be found on the Benefits website.
All benefits-eligible faculty and staff must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- Confirm current elections
- Confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- Attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on health care premiums.
- Attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer, including Vanderbilt University Medical Center, you will pay a spousal fee of $100 per month. This fee is in addition to the health care premium amount.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2023 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.