Applications are now being accepted for the fourth class of Vanderbilt Leadership Enrichment. VLE is designed to develop key leadership skills for staff who are managers or operational leaders demonstrating high potential, and whose leadership position is between frontline supervisor and director.
This university-wide program consists of eight sessions, offered monthly from September through April. The program aims to help participants enhance their leadership self-awareness and increase their institutional knowledge. VLE supports participants in developing their ability to work effectively with a team, lead during times of change, manage both complex and simple projects, deal with conflict and set departmental goals and direction.
VLE session topics include:
- Overviews of higher education and Vanderbilt University
- Leadership identity development
- Personal storytelling and branding
- Inclusive leadership
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation and effective meeting design
- Employee engagement
- Building team effectiveness
- Coaching and effective feedback
- Well-being in the workplace
New for 2022: VLE participants can opt in to VLE Coaching Circles, which create a safe and inclusive group space for employees to explore topics related to professional development, growth and leadership; aid coaches in envisioning their role as aligned with institutional and departmental goals; create opportunities for action-based self- and peer accountability; and build and deepen peer-to-peer connections. Group coaching sessions are held monthly, and each group session is co-created by participants and coaches. Coaching session topics could mirror VLE topics or may shift to a topic most meaningful to group members in that moment.
VLE participants also are invited to participate in an individual coaching session to explore and deepen understanding of their top CliftonStrengths and how they can leverage those strengths as a leader.
Leaders interested in VLE are invited to apply online by Wednesday, July 20, at 5 p.m. CT.
- If applying for the first time, please complete the application form.
- For candidates who applied to be part of the 2021–22 (Class 3) program, please complete the REapplication form.
- If you applied prior to 2021–2022, please complete the application form.
VLE organizers plan to hold as many sessions in person as possible but will act in accordance with campus guidelines and adapt program delivery as needed and/or desired by participants.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.