As the end of the year approaches, the Payroll Department encourages all employees to review their personal information to ensure their W-2 will be accurate. Employees should log in to Oracle by Jan. 6 and use the below checklist to ensure their data is up to date.
- After logging into Oracle, click the Personal Information icon on your homepage. From there, click the Personal Details option.
- Verify that your name is spelled correctly. Remember that the name in Oracle and on your W-2 must match what is on your Social Security or ITIN documentation.
- Verify your taxpayer ID number (Social Security/ITIN Number). Click on the triangle to expand the National Identifiers section and review your taxpayer ID. (You will need to click the “eye” icon to view your actual number.)
Are either of these incorrect? Follow the instructions on this form and Human Resources can update the fields on your behalf.
2. Go back one screen to the Personal Info page, then click the Contact Info icon.
- Verify that your home address is up to date
Is your address incorrect? Click the pencil/edit icon on the right of the screen, and after updating your address, click the Submit button.
3. Go back to your Oracle homepage and click on the Pay icon, then Document Delivery Preferences.
- Review your W-2 delivery method.
Active VU employees can opt out of receiving paper W-2 forms by mail and instead access them electronically through Oracle, which allows for enhanced security, earlier access to your W-2 and cost savings to the university. Inactive/former employees will continue to receive paper forms by mail. The IRS requires that an employee specifically acknowledge an agreement to receive their W-2 form online only.
To elect to receive your W-2 electronically, click the pencil/edit icon to the right of the W-2 preference. SelectOnline for delivery method, Granted for online delivery consent, and Save.
The availability of W-2 forms will be announced at a later date, but those mailed will be postmarked no later than Jan. 31, 2022.