Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity to elect the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment during October 2021 for calendar year 2022 benefits.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 18 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on Oct. 29. The elections you make are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2022 and cannot be changed after the enrollment period ends unless you have a qualifying life event.
This year, all eligible employees must elect a health plan or waive coverage. If you do not complete the enrollment process, you will retain coverage (unless you waived benefits in the prior year) and will be defaulted to the Choice Consumer-Driven Health Plan (Choice CDHP), the health plan option with the lowest premiums, at the current individual or family coverage level.
Log in to My VU Benefits to elect, make changes to or waive:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents
- dependent care FSAs, which reimburse dependent care expenses
NOTE: You can only select the 2022 benefits described above during Open Enrollment (or within 30 days of a qualifying event, such as getting married or having a baby).
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free (eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums)
- attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month in addition to the monthly premium.
We’re here to help
If you need help enrolling or using the My VU Benefits system, check out our how-to-enroll guide.
Online enrollment labs
Due to COVID-19 and Human Resources staff working remotely, HR will be offering virtual one-on-one meetings. Please see the schedule below. To register for a 15-minute spot, please sign up here. In order to meet the needs of all faculty and staff, we ask that you please review our Detailed Enrollment Guide and come prepared with your questions. (Note: these sessions are not to help you walk through the enrollment process or site.)
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 28, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The HR Benefits team will be on campus to answer benefits and Open Enrollment questions on Wednesday, Oct. 27, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Kissam C210.
Learn more about Open Enrollment and sign up for 2022 benefits at vu.edu/oe.