Employee Learning and Engagement invites all employees interested in professional development and success to participate in learning experiences as part of its fall series.
ELE aims to unlock the potential of every Vanderbilt employee by offering innovative and meaningful learning experiences, creating space to foster conversations and connections, and encouraging a culture of learning and growth. ELE’s vision is for every employee to feel connected and integral to Vanderbilt’s mission, empowered to invest in themselves and succeed in their role, engaged in the campus community and inspired to design their best future.
The live virtual learning experiences are designed exclusively for the Vanderbilt community and led by the ELE team. They recognize that on some days, employees are ready to fully participate in breakout room discussions and activities while on others they may want to participate more passively. Participation levels guide employees in selecting learning opportunities that are a good fit for them, their schedule and energy level.
1 – Consume and Consider
2 – Comment and Connect
3 – Collaborate and Create
- Sept. 8, 1:30–3:30 p.m., #IamRemarkable (2)
- Sept. 9, 11–11:30 a.m., Zoomed Out: Virtual Meeting Fatigue and How to Combat It (2)
- Sept. 16, 1–2 p.m., Remote Work – Best Practices & Common Pitfalls (2)
- Sept. 23, 10:30 a.m.–noon, Creating Presentations That Stick: Design Principles (Part 1) (2)
- Sept. 28, 2–4 p.m., Fierce. Foundations (3)
- Sept. 30, 10:30 a.m.–noon, Creating Presentations that Stick: Engaging Your Audience (Part 2) (2)
- Oct. 5, 2–3:30 p.m., Dealing with Change at Work (2)
- Oct. 6, 2–4 p.m., Design Thinking, Upskilling, & Experimenting for Career Growth (3)
- Oct. 7, 11 a.m.–noon, Leverage Your EQ at Work (2)
- Oct. 21, 1–2:30 p.m., CliftonStrengths for Employees (2)
- Oct. 28, 1–2 p.m., 4 Stages of Psychological Safety (2)
- Nov. 10, 1–2 p.m., Employee Motivation: From Theory to Practice (2)
- Nov. 11, noon–1:30 p.m., Back to School with Vanderbilt’s Employee Tuition Programs (2)
- Nov. 16, 10:30 a.m.–noon, Digital Body Language: Is That What They Meant?! (2)
- Nov. 17, 1–2:30 p.m., CliftonStrengths for Employees (2)
- Nov. 18, 2–3:30 p.m., Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace (2)
Please note that the ELE team will add additional development opportunities throughout the semester. Stay tuned for details about the Virtual Thought Leader Series.
If you would like to offer feedback on potential professional development opportunities, suggest topic ideas or express interest in hosting a workshop for your department or team, contact ELE at firstname.lastname@example.org.