The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries deeply value the neighbors, community partners and visitors who make the Vanderbilt campus community vibrant. The libraries have provided online access to collections and online reference for research during the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so.
The Special Collections and University Archives, History of Medicine Collections and the Fine Arts Gallery are ready to welcome back visitors to these facilities by appointment beginning Tuesday, July 6.
COVID-19 safety protocols for visitors include:
- All visitors coming to campus must wear masks inside Special Collections and University Archives. Faculty, staff and students who are vaccinated can choose not to wear a mask if they can stay six feet apart. Visit the Health and Safety Protocols website for more information.
- Visitors must request an appointment to use the collections. Please give 48 hours notice when requesting appointments. Many of our materials are stored offsite and require additional time for safe retrieval and access.
- Special Collections or History of Medicine Collections appointment request form: https://scua-register.library.vanderbilt.edu/; for questions related to using these collections, email email@example.com.
- Email Fine Arts Gallery appointment requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointments will be scheduled in two-hour research blocks. You may book up to two sessions per day.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Fine Arts Gallery, History of Medicine Collections or Special Collections and University Archives.