Turkey Toss, a longstanding Vanderbilt holiday tradition in which the university expresses thanks to faculty and staff for their hard work and dedication throughout the year, will look a little different for 2020. Due to the health and safety precautions necessitated by COVID-19, the university will host Turkey Toss in a drive-through format this year.
Turkey Toss 2020 is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 18, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Lot 5A, located at the corner of 21st Avenue South and Terrace Place across from the Baker Building and adjacent to the University Counseling Center.
Drive-through Turkey Toss instructions
- Select a time to pick up your turkey or tofurkey and sign up for a time slot at vu.edu/turkeytoss.
- Enter Lot 5A from 21st Avenue South (which is one-way off of West End Avenue) and remain in your vehicle.
- Volunteers will instruct you to unlock your trunk or passenger-side or back door.
- Volunteers will scan your Vanderbilt ID, take your request for a turkey or tofurky, then place the item in your vehicle.
- Exit Lot 5A onto Terrace Place.
You must show your gold Vanderbilt University ID card with the iClass symbol to receive a turkey or tofurkey. Please do not come to campus without it!
All unclaimed turkeys and tofurkeys will be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee to help families in need. If you know you won’t be participating in Turkey Toss this year, select “donate my turkey” at vu.edu/turkeytoss.
For questions, contact Employee Learning and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.