Save the date: Open Enrollment now set for Oct. 19–Nov. 2Aug. 11, 2020, 4:41 PM
UPDATE: Open Enrollment for 2021 benefits is now scheduled for Oct. 19–Nov. 2. The previously announced start and end dates fell on the weekend; the adjusted dates avoid this for the convenience of employees. Please mark you calendar accordingly.
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to elect the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees should complete Open Enrollment Oct. 19–Nov. 2 for calendar year 2021 benefits.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 19, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 2. Elections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2021, unless you have a qualifying event.
You will log in to My VU Benefits to elect, make changes to or waive:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- supplemental life insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents
- dependent care FSAs, which reimburse dependent care expenses
NOTE: You can select the 2021 benefits described above only during Open Enrollment or within 30 days of a qualifying event, such as getting married or having a baby.
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums.
- attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
You will need your VUnet ID and password to enroll. For more information, visit VUIT.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2021 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.