Save the date: Open Enrollment is Oct. 17-31Aug. 7, 2019, 8:00 AM
Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for you to update or choose the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees should complete Open Enrollment during October 2019 for calendar year 2020 benefits.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 17 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31. Elections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2020, unless you have a qualifying event.
You will log in to My VU Benefits to elect, make changes to or waive:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- supplemental life insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents
- dependent care FSAs, which reimburse dependent care expenses
You can only select the 2020 benefits described above during Open Enrollment (or within 30 days of a qualifying event, such as getting married or having a baby). You can make changes to many other benefits programs throughout the year as well as during Open Enrollment.
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums.
- attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for a spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
You will need your VUnetID and password to enroll. For more information, visit AccessVU.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2020 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.