You also can celebrate by checking out one of the many local farmers’ markets in Nashville or the surrounding area. For a complete listing of farmers’ markets available throughout all Tennessee counties, visit Pick Tennessee Products’ Farmers’ Market page.
Sourcing your food from local sources, like farmers’ markets or Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms, has many benefits, including:
- access to fresh, seasonal produce that is picked at its peak nutrient load;
- reducing transportation costs and harmful emissions associated with non-local produce;
- cultivating a relationship between growers and consumers;
- supporting the local economy; and
- promoting farmland, local farmers and their families.
For more information, check out the VU Community Garden Instagram.