HR workshop Nov. 16: ‘Workplace Communication Skills’Oct. 27, 2017, 9:54 AM
Nearly all the conflicts we hear about from leaders and staff find their roots in some form of communication malfunction. Something has gone wrong in the transmission or reception of the message. The good news is that you can improve your communication skills. It’s a lifelong journey, but you can start now and see dramatic results in your effectiveness.
HR’s “Workplace Communication Skills” workshop provides you with some tools to increase your effectiveness. The topics in the workshop include:
- Communication Styles, Preferences and Differences
- Building Trust—the Emotional Bank Account: Understanding how our habits affect our relationships
- Generational Communication: Characteristics and stereotypes
- Assertiveness Action Plan
- Conversation Approaches: How you start is half the battle!
- Serving Others: Who are your customers and what do they need?
When: Nov. 16, 9 a.m.—3 p.m.
Where: Baker Building, 10th Floor Training Room
Cost: The fee for this workshop is $100. Payments are processed by journal entry. Please email Jerri Gadson the following: Class title, class date, registered staff member’s name, amount, five-digit charge account number and cost center number, with cost center approver copied.
Questions? Call (615) 322-8320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.