Reminder: Open Enrollment ends Oct. 31by Nicholas Moore | Oct. 26, 2017, 7:00 AM
Open Enrollment for 2018 benefits ends at 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31. ALL benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment, even if you don’t plan to make changes or you plan to waive coverage.
Elections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2018, unless you have a qualifying event.
You can log in to My VU Benefits to update or choose the benefits that best suit your needs:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your eligible dependents
- dependent day care FSAs, which reimburse day care service expenses for your eligible dependents
- retirement (review your contributions, but you can update anytime)
Even if you don’t plan to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm your current elections
- confirm working spouse coverage, your dependents and your beneficiaries
- add all eligible family members as dependents in your My VU Benefits profile if they are enrolling (or remaining enrolled) in the family coverage of AD&D insurance
- attest to whether or not you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums.
Keep in mind that If you carry coverage for your working spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a working spouse fee of $100 per month.
Learn more and enroll now
Learn more about Open Enrollment and sign up for 2018 benefits now at vu.edu/oe. Remember to have your VUnetID and password ready and active before you enroll. If you need help with your VUnetID or your password, visit it.vanderbilt.edu/accessvu or contact your IT support provider or the Help Desk.