Open Enrollment for 2018 benefits is Oct. 17–31by Nicholas Moore | Oct. 6, 2017, 2:45 PM
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to update or choose the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment, even if you don’t plan to make changes or waive coverage.
The Open Enrollment website is now live with the most up-to-date information for your 2018 benefits options. On the website, you can find helpful information such as:
- The 2018 Detailed Guide to Open Enrollment
- Ask Alex, Vanderbilt’s interactive health plan helper
- Open Enrollment frequently asked questions
Get to know your options now in preparation for enrolling on My VU Benefits between 8 a.m. Oct. 17 and 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31. You can make or change your elections as often as you want during this time. Keep in mind, elections save as you go through each step of the process, even if you do not click all the way through to the confirmation page.
Consider your choices carefully; changes and corrections cannot happen except within the enrollment period or within 30 days of a qualifying event like getting married or having a baby. Benefits selected during the enrollment period will begin Jan. 1, 2018.
UPDATES FOR 2018
- No plan design changes
- Very modest premium increases
- Two health care options for benefits-eligible employees to choose from, Aetna Plus and Aetna Select
- Only employees currently enrolled in the Aetna HealthFund may elect it for 2018. It will then be discontinued in 2019 as part of our efforts to adapt to the changing health care marketplace and to offer the best and most affordable coverage.
- Salary bands are simplified from five to three. Your salary band is based on your annual base benefits rate (ABBR). To confirm your ABBR, please visit C2HR.
- If you wish to enroll (or remain enrolled) in the family coverage of the accidental death and dismemberment insurance, you will need to add all eligible family members as dependents in your My VU Benefits profile.
- Go to vu.edu/oe for decision guides, a schedule of enrollment labs, and a link to Ask Alex, Vanderbilt’s interactive health plan helper.
- Visit the Benefits Open House 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19, in the Baker Building, 10th floor
- Contact Human Resources, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 343-4788.