All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollmentby Nicholas Moore | Sep. 27, 2017, 9:20 AM
Open Enrollment for your 2018 benefits is right around the corner. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment, even if you don’t plan to make changes to current elections or you wish to waive coverage.
All benefits-eligible employees need to log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm your current elections
- confirm working spouse coverage, your dependents and your beneficiaries
- add all eligible family members as dependents in your My VU Benefits profile if you wish to enroll (or remain enrolled) in the family coverage of the accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- attest to whether or not you and your covered family members use tobacco. You’ll save $20 per month on premiums if you and your covered family members are committed to being tobacco-free.
Elections are effective Jan. 1– Dec. 31, 2018. Consider your choices carefully; changes and corrections are not permitted except during Open Enrollment or within 30 days of a qualifying event, such as getting married or having a baby.
- If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
- If you fund flexible spending accounts (FSAs) for health care or dependent day care expenses, you must re-enroll every year. Don’t forget that funds for the 2017 plan year must be used by March 15, 2018, or they will be lost—choose your amounts wisely.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 17 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31. You will need your VUnetID and password to enroll. For more information, visit AccessVU.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2018 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.