Save the date: Open Enrollment is Oct. 17-31by Nicholas Moore | Sep. 20, 2017, 10:00 AM
Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for you to update or choose the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees should complete Open Enrollment during October for 2018 benefits.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 17 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31. Elections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2018, unless you have a qualifying event.
You can log in to MyVU Benefits to elect, make changes to, or waive:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents
- dependent day care FSAs, which reimburse day care service expenses for dependents
You can only select the 2018 benefits described above during Open Enrollment or within 30 days of a qualifying event (such as getting married or having a baby). You can make changes to many other benefits programs throughout the year as well as during Open Enrollment.
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- add all eligible family members as dependents in your My VU Benefits profile if they are enrolling (or remaining enrolled) in the family coverage of AD&D insurance
- attest to whether or not you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums.
Keep in mind that If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
You will need your VUnet ID and password to enroll. For more information, visit AccessVU.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2018 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.