Next graduate education forum set for Sept. 24Sep. 21, 2015, 7:51 AM
The second in a series of forums discussing graduate education at Vanderbilt is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 24, from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Mayborn Building, Room 204. Vice Provost for Academic and Strategic Affairs and Interim Dean of the Graduate School John Geer and Richard Willis, Anne Marie and Thomas B. Walker, Jr. Professor of Accounting and chair of the Faculty Senate, along with Graduate Education Study Group (GESG) members will lead the forum.
The purpose of the Sept. 24 event is to capture stakeholder feedback and engagement on the proposals of the GESG’s executive summary. Vicki Greene, Stevenson Chair in Physics, will provide a brief overview of the group’s recommendations followed by participant discussion and feedback.
Others members of the GESG attending the forum will include:
- Rogers Hall, professor of education, Peabody College of education and human development;
- Duco Jansen, associate dean for graduate studies, professor of biomedical engineering and professor of neurological surgery, School of Engineering;
- Hassane Mchaourab, Louise B. McGavock Chair, School of Medicine; and
- Ifeoma Nwankwo, associate professor of English, College of Arts and Science.
Additional graduate education forums are scheduled for the following dates:
- Oct. 5, 4-5 p.m., Student Life Center Board of Trust Room
- Oct. 14, noon-1 p.m., Light Hall, Room 202 (this forum is targeted to graduate students)
Learn more about Vanderbilt’s planned investments in graduate education.