Offices in Sarratt, Rand relocating for summerMay. 11, 2012, 9:13 AM
Several offices located in Sarratt Student Center and Rand Hall will have temporary locations for summer 2012 due to ongoing renovations in the complex. A list of relocated offices can be found here.
Over the past year, members of the Dean of Students’ office, Dining Services, Campus Planning, Vanderbilt Student Government, the Multicultural Leadership Council and other student organizations have examined and made recommendations to repurpose the former bookstore space, enhance dining in Rand Hall and improve the Sarratt Student Center. Work on the renovation project began in the former bookstore space in early March and will continue throughout Rand and Sarratt on May 14.
The project will be completed in two phases, the first to open prior to the students’ return to campus in August and the second to open after fall break in October.
Opening August 2012
- Sarratt Student Center promenade and skylight lobbies will be transformed with new paint, carpet, tile and an upgraded digital signage system.
- The Multicultural Space will feature a flexible lounge and meeting area with two offices.
- The new Arts and Creative Engagement Wing, located in the former West Wing, will feature two student organization rehearsal spaces, an open lounge area, ACE design team and offices for professional staff.
- Three additional meeting rooms will be available: 331, 333 and 361.
- Rand Dining Hall will open with an entirely new layout and look. Chef James Bistro and the main Rand dining side will be connected. Expanded dining choices will include Chef James Bistro; an expanded salad bar; Burger Town; CT West; Blue Corn; a pastry, dessert and coffee bar; and an expanded deli.
- A redesigned Rand seating area will include new paint, carpet, tile and high-top seating.
- The new campus store will be larger than the former Varsity Market and feature many organic items, plus drinks, snacks, office supplies and more.
Opening October 2012
- The new Dining and Multipurpose Space will accommodate up to 250 for seated meals and more than 500 for receptions. This space will feature a variety of seating options, including club chairs, couches, a raised platform, benches and dining chairs. New projectors, screens and TVs will make the space lively and a great place for events or watching a game.
- Campus Copy will feature a 24-hour self-service area, along with state-of-the-art equipment.
- The new student retail business Re Cycle will be located in this space.
- The Anchor, Student Organization and Leadership Area will feature space for student organizations to meet, make posters and banners, check mail, make copies, send faxes and collaborate with other groups. Vanderbilt Student Government offices will be located inside the Anchor. The space will have a variety of flexible seating options.
- The Office of Active Citizenship and Service will relocate from the Community Partnership House to a new office suite featuring a 600-square-foot lounge, break room, offices and a conference room.
- The third floor will feature a seminar room that can be used for academic classes or reserved for meetings or events. This space will seat up to 96 people for a lecture.
- Three additional conference rooms that can seat up to 14 also will be available.
Contact: Jack Davis, (615) 343-0371