Explore the world your way with other Vanderbilt alumni on an unforgettable journey presented by the Vanderbilt Travel Program. Whether you’re a seasoned Vanderbilt alumni traveler or have never taken a Vanderbilt trip before, the expanded slate of trips for 2011 offers something for everyone.
Seventeen exciting itineraries are planned to destinations including Scotland, France, Russia, Costa Rica, the Canadian Rockies, the Caribbean, Peru, Rome, New Mexico and much more. And this year, for the first time, each trip falls into one of five categories, intended to accommodate every lifestyle, educational travel interest and budget:
- Classics trips are quintessential Vanderbilt—global destinations with educational programming led by faculty members.
- Common Connections trips are niche travel adventures for alumni with shared interests.
- Family Friendly destinations offer exceptional guided summer vacations for Vanderbilt families and friends.
- Closer to Home trips are distinctive U.S. getaways.
- Excursions are unique journeys with an uncommon twist, like traveling by private jet or yacht.
“With all the new categories this year, there are many affordable options,” says James Stofan, associate vice chancellor for alumni relations. “It’s my hope that our most loyal travelers will be pleased with the expanded program, and that we can attract some new travelers to the mix. As always, all our trips offer educational opportunities to exceptional destinations. That is something for which Vanderbilt travel has always been known.”
For more details visit http://www.vanderbilt.edu/alumni/travel/, or request additional information for your particular travel interest by going to http://www.vanderbilt.edu/alumni/2011-travel-request-page/. You also may call (615) 322-2929.