The reviews are in, and Reunion 2010 was a resounding success. The weekend of friendship and fun is also one of the most important fundraising events in the life of the university. During halftime of the Homecoming game Oct. 23, Reunion General Chairs Ginny Place Myer, BSN’75, and Dr. Chuck Myer, BA’75, presented Chancellor Nicholas S. Zeppos with a check for $21,806,642.11—the total in gifts and pledges by alumni in Reunion classes ending in “0” and “5” and Quinqs.
Giving participation surpassed that of the previous year. Kudos go to all involved, including:
- The Class of 1990 for largest attendance, with 323 alumni and guests
- The Class of 1960, with greatest giving participation at 45 percent
- The Class of 1980, which had the highest number of donors, with 370 classmates giving
- The Class of 1975, which raised the most money—more than $2.5 million—and also had the most Reunion volunteers, at 81
- The Class of 1985, the first to reach its dollar goal
Fundraising volunteers are making one last push to bring in Reunion donations by Dec. 31, 2010. For more information about Reunion giving, please contact Kelly Miller, director of Reunion giving, at (615) 343-2309 or email@example.com.