About Research News @ Vanderbilt
Research News @ Vanderbilt provides the latest news and views about science and scholarship at Vanderbilt University. It is a collaboration of Vanderbilt University News and Communications, University Web Communications and the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Office of News and Communications. In addition to content from the university news site, it features content from The Reporter, the weekly newspaper of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
The mission of Research News @ Vanderbilt is to make science more accessible to the general public, to engage the public in lively discussions about scientific research, and to raise awareness about the importance of public support of research.
The next generation
As a complement to Vanderbilt-led efforts to improve science education, we hope that Research News @ Vanderbilt also inspires young people to consider careers in science. These efforts include:
- The Center for Science Outreach, which operates the School for Science and Math at Vanderbilt;
- The Aspirnaut program; and
- Vanderbilt Student Volunteers for Science.
Research News @ Vanderbilt is a merger of two previous websites: Exploration, which reported on a wide range of scientific inquiry throughout the university; and Lens, a biomedical research magazine published by Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Free back issues of the print version of Lens, which ceased publication in 2009, can be ordered at this email address.
Research News @ Vanderbilt
c/o Vanderbilt University News and Communications
110 21st Ave. South, Suite 802
Nashville, TN 37203
- Vanderbilt University News and Communications
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center News and Communications
- Vanderbilt University Web Communications
- Vanderbilt University Photography Services