Applications due Jan. 16
These instructions are for VU investigators. VUMC investigators should visit the OOR funding opportunity site.
Vanderbilt University may submit two applications for the Breast Cancer Alliance (BCA) Young Investigator Grants. The mission of the BCA is to improve survival rates and quality of life for those impacted by breast cancer through better prevention, early detection, treatment and cure. To encourage a commitment to breast cancer research, the Breast Cancer Alliance invites clinical doctors and research scientists who are in the early stages of their careers, including postdocs whose current proposal is focused on breast cancer, to apply for funding for the Young Investigator Grant. This two-year, $125,000 grant is intended to help advance the careers of young researchers in breast cancer who do not yet have their own major grant support. Indirect costs, which are included in the $125,000 award, must be limited to 8 percent of total direct costs.
- Applicant must not have held a tenure-track faculty position for more than four years as of March 1, 2025.
- Applicant must not have been a principal investigator on an NIH R01 or equivalent national/international non-mentored award.
- Applicant must dedicate at least 50 percent of their work effort to research.
- Research project must be directly related to the field of breast cancer. Areas of relevant research may include, but are not limited to: diagnosis, etiology, immunology, genetics, therapies, prevention and clinical studies.
- Current postdoctoral fellows who do not yet hold a faculty position are eligible to apply, provided they meet all the other stated criteria for Young Investigators.
See the program page for more information.
Internal application instructions
Interested faculty should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1925096 to apply for the internal LSO competition and to find additional information about the opportunity. The deadline for the internal competition is Jan. 16, 2024.
The selected nominees will submit an LOI by March 31, 2024, and will be informed by the sponsor by mid-May whether they have been invited to proceed with a formal application.
Any questions about these opportunities may be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.