Applications due Sept. 14
This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt University may submit two applications from each school for the Procter & Gamble Higher Education Grant Program. The program provides support for efforts that will better prepare students for success in business (see examples below). Grant support is for one year, and awards range between $10,000–$20,000 (no overhead costs allowed). Grants will be provided for specific projects or programs, not for operating support, stipends or fellowships.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Improving curriculum to be at the cutting edge in relevance and effectiveness
- Fostering and enabling leadership opportunities and learning
- Creating a learning environment that encourages and enhances innovation and creativity
- Strengthening diversity in thought, participation and ongoing interaction
Anyone interested in being considered as one of Vanderbilt’s nominees must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Sept. 14, 2023.
- Brief (1 page max.) project description including summary budget
- NIH Biosketch or 5-page CV
- Brief letter of support from department chair/center director
- The letter must also acknowledge that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable school/departmental policy**This statement can be used/modified within the letter: “The department recognizes that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable school/institutional policy.”
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.