Applications due July 20
These instructions are for VU investigators. VUMC investigators should contact LSO@vanderbilt.edu for more information.
Vanderbilt University may submit one application to The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee’s 2023 Discretionary Grant Program.
The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee is positioned to assess community needs and opportunities and support quality programs providing solutions. Their discretionary grants are awarded to respond to new programs, emerging needs and innovative services for the benefit of our community. They are particularly interested in grant proposals addressing currently unmet community needs and providing long-term solutions. See a list of previously awarded projects here.
The Community Foundation encourages grant requests to support either general operations or program support.
The foundation has identified several broad categories in which needs exist and for which grant requests are encouraged:
- Animal welfare
- Arts and humanities
- Community development, improvement and planning
- Conservation and environment
- Employment and training
- Food, food security, agriculture and nutrition
- Housing and shelter
- Human services – aging adults
- Human services – children and youth
- Human services – emergency needs
- Human services – new Americans
- Human services – women and men
For a list of ineligible funding requests, see the full grant guidelines here.
Request amount and matching requirement
- The foundation requires a 1:1 match of the grant funds requested.
*Your internal application must include evidence that your department and/or school approves your matching request, if the grant is awarded.*
- For general operations or program support, grants may be requested up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Grant activities must take place from Dec. 1, 2023–Nov. 30, 2024.
Internal application instructions
Interested faculty should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1909897 to submit an application for the internal LSO competition and to find additional information about the opportunity. The deadline for the internal competition is July 20, 2023.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.