- 615-322-6397 Email
WeGo Public Transit has announced service changes that will begin Sunday, April 2.
Changes to various bus routes for spring 2023 include:
- 3A West End/White Bridge – To improve safety when coming from downtown/campus on White Bridge Road, the bus will turn left onto Charlotte Pike, right on Midland Avenue, right onto O’Brien Avenue and right onto White Bridge Road to the end of the line.
- 18 Airport – Express service and local service from downtown to Rosa L. Parks Boulevard/Eighth Avenue will create faster transfers from the Vanderbilt campus on routes 3A, 3B and 7, which conveniently serve the West End and 21st Avenue sides of campus.
- WeGo Link – This service is expanding to Bellevue, Cockrill Bend and Sylvan Park, which will allow users to pay a WeGo subsidized Uber fare to/from routes 3A, 3B, 19, 50, 77 and 88. Users will need to pay for the Uber portion of the ride and use their physical Commodore Card to ride the bus free of charge.
- 77 Thompson/Wedgewood – Soccer fans will be cheering that this route will extend weekday and Saturday service hours to 10 p.m. and will be accessible from campus.
- Timing adjustments will be made to 15 routes, including 3 West End, 17 12th Avenue South, 18 Airport, 50 Charlotte Pike, 56 Gallatin Pike, 77 Thompson/Wedgewood and 84 Murfreesboro.
New route schedules will be available on March 27. For more information, visit the WeGo website or call 615-862-5950.
For information about how to use your Commodore Card to ride the bus or train, click here or email the MoveVU Commute Concierge at MoveVU@vanderbilt.edu.
MoveVU falls under the FutureVU comprehensive campus planning efforts and is a collaborative partnership between Vanderbilt’s School of Engineering and the Division of Administration. The vision of MoveVU calls for a transformation in how the Vanderbilt community travels through and around campus, with a focus on sustainable commute modes and safe, accessible pathways to connect campus to the greater community. Visit the MoveVU website to learn more about how this strategic transportation and mobility plan helps achieve Vanderbilt’s sustainability goals.