On Monday, Oct. 17, at 6:38 a.m., VUPD received a report that a vehicle was missing from Lot 24 located at 1410 25th Ave. S. Video surveillance revealed that at 2:45 a.m., a male subject exited a white Nissan Altima with black rims and was seen pulling on door handles of parked vehicles to see if any were unlocked. The male subject then returned to his vehicle and left Lot 24. At 3:25 a.m., the white Nissan Altima returned to Lot 24 and the male subject was seen getting in an unlocked 2020 black Nissan Altima and driving off, turning right onto 25th Avenue and heading toward Blakemore Avenue.
This Security Notice is being issued to remind the Vanderbilt community:
- Always remove your keys and lock your vehicle doors.
- Do not leave your identification, keys, wallet, money, cell phone or other valuables in open view.
Resources and assistance for students, faculty and staff
- The Vanderbilt University Police Department is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need emergency assistance, call 615-421-1911, or for non-emergency assistance, call 615-322-2745.
- The Project Safe Center offers a support line 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 615-322-SAFE (7233).
- The Title IX Office can be reached at 615-343-9004.
- The University Counseling Center can be reached at 615-322-2571.