The deadline to register in Tennessee for the Nov. 8 state and federal general elections is Tuesday, Oct. 11.
In an effort to keep the Vanderbilt community informed and make voting easier, the university has renewed its partnership with TurboVote, a platform that guides users through the voter registration process, allows users to sign up for text and email election reminders, helps users start the absentee or mail-in ballot request process, and supports users through the entire voting process. TurboVote keeps track of voter registration, absentee and vote-by-mail rules for all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
KEY ELECTION DATES
- Tuesday, Oct. 11 – Voter registration deadline
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 – Early voting begins (runs Mondays through Saturdays)
- Thursday, Nov. 3 – Early voting ends
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 – Deadline to request an absentee ballot
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 – Election Day for state and federal general elections, and Belle Meade, Forest Hills and Goodlettsville municipal elections
These key dates and reminders are part of Vanderbilt, Let’s Vote, an initiative launched by the Division of Government and Community Relations in collaboration with the Office of the Provost aimed at promoting voter engagement and increasing voter registration among the university community.
The focus of Vanderbilt, Let’s Vote is to encourage every member of the university community—students, staff, postdocs and faculty—to participate in the democratic process and exercise their right to register and vote in elections held in their districts of residence, whether they be at the federal, state or local level.