- 615-322-6397 Email
Vanderbilt continues to closely monitor COVID-19 and take precautions as needed to keep our community safe. The university offers numerous resources, which include providing students, postdocs, faculty and staff with on-campus and at-home testing options.
Symptomatic testing is available for individuals at the following locations:
- Student Health Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for students. Travel testing for students is also available through SHC. Please consult their website for more information.
- Occupational Health Express Care is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for Vanderbilt University faculty, staff and postdocs. Location is Suite 112 on the first floor of the Medical Arts Building. Work-related travel testing is also available at the Occupational Health Clinic; contact OHC for information.
- Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinics noted here and the Vanderbilt Health Clinics at Walgreens noted here offer COVID-19 testing.
- More information on testing options available through Vanderbilt University Medical Center can be found here.
Individuals who need tests for personal travel or would like to seek testing options outside of Vanderbilt have the following options:
- Metro-Nashville currently has open testing locations.
- Additional testing sites in Tennessee and Kentucky are currently available.
Free rapid antigen at-home kits will be available for the Vanderbilt community (students, faculty, staff, postdocs) starting Wednesday, Aug. 24, at the following locations on campus:
- Rand Munchie Mart
- Kissam Munchie Mart
- Branscomb Munchie Mart
- Highland Munchie Mart
- Common Grounds
Rapid tests that you can do at home may also be available at retail locations and are partially covered by Vanderbilt insurance.
In alignment with CDC guidance, asymptomatic testing requirements for Vanderbilt community members are currently suspended. Individuals who are identified as close contacts or would like to periodically test asymptomatically can pick up rapid antigen tests as outlined above.
Individuals with symptoms should test at SHC, OHC, VUMC or their medical provider or use the symptomatic testing options noted above.
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 outside of Student Health or Occupational Health testing must report their positive test result to the Vanderbilt Public Health Central Command Center. Individuals should immediately notify the Command Center through this webform.
Testing protocols will continually be evaluated based on trends in positivity rate and case counts and are subject to change.
Get additional details on COVID-19 testing here. Get additional COVID-19 health and safety information here.