- 615-322-6397 Email
- Vanderbilt University to host Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting in 2023
- Four with a ‘Dore: Rhylee Tucker
- Noam Chomsky’s biographer, VU Professor Robert Barsky, interviewed about his work
- Project Safe to provide programming in recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness Month throughout April
Move-In Weekend is one of the university’s most popular traditions. This year, returning Vanderbilt students will welcome the Class of 2026 with cheers and smiles as they lend a helping hand in carrying the first-year students’ belongings to their new rooms. The event showcases the strong sense of community that is woven into the fabric of Vanderbilt.
INCOMING TRANSFER STUDENT MOVE-IN
Friday, Aug. 19
Transfer student move-in is scheduled for Aug. 19.
- Students have been provided with a specific afternoon move-in time with their room assignment information.
- Move-in times will range from 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- All incoming transfer students received an email with room assignment information.
More incoming transfer student housing information can be found here.
FIRST-YEAR STUDENT MOVE-IN
Saturday, Aug. 20
- First-year students have received a specific move-in time between 7 a.m. and noon to streamline the move-in process.
- Students should bring their house hangtag and key release card that were mailed in early August. If students did not get their hangtag and key release in the mail, staff will provide them upon arrival.
- Hangtags should be displayed beneath rearview mirrors with the house abbreviation facing out. This will enable officers to direct vehicles to the proper staging areas. Staff members will lead vehicles from the staging areas to unloading areas near the houses.
- At the houses, student Move Crew members in brightly colored shirts will be on hand to greet and assist students in moving their belongings to their rooms.
- First-year housing FAQs
CONTINUING UPPER-DIVISION STUDENTS
Sunday, Aug. 21
Upper-division residence halls open on Aug. 21.
- For residents of Cole, Greek houses, McGill, Nicholas S. Zeppos College and Tolman: Students residing in these residential buildings will have access to 24th Avenue, Kensington Place, and West Side Row to unload their belongings between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. daily through Tuesday, Aug. 23.
- Vehicles should NOT block the flow of traffic and must be moved immediately after unloading to designated student parking. Any vehicles impeding the flow of traffic are subject to removal.
- Carts are available for moving assistance. Carts should be returned immediately after use.
PREAPPROVED EARLY ARRIVALS
Students who need to move in before Aug. 21 must have permission in advance.
- First-year students arriving on or before Aug. 17 should report to the Branscomb front desk to pick up their keys.
- First-year international students arriving for international student orientation on Aug. 17 should report directly to The Commons Center to pick up their keys.
- First-year students with preapproval to arrive on Aug. 18 or Aug. 19 should report to the Hank Ingram desk to pick up their keys.
- Upper-division students with preapproval to arrive on or before Aug. 17 should report to the Branscomb front desk to pick up their keys.
- Upper-division students with preapproval to arrive between Aug. 18 and Aug. 20 should report to their area desk to pick up their keys.
GREEK HOUSE RESIDENTS
To obtain your room code, please contact Greek Life upon arrival at 615-322-2048. Students arriving after close of business should contact either Kristin Torrey, director of Greek Life, or Tiffany Carter, graduate assistant for Greek Life.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Move-in is an exciting time on campus packed with events, activities and more for you to adjust to your new home at Vanderbilt. Our top priority is keeping you safe as we continue to navigate COVID-19, and for fall 2022, that will be no different.
Please visit our Health and Wellness website for more information.
- Warren and Moore Colleges – Kissam Center Front Desk
- Cole, E. Bronson Ingram College, McGill, and Tolman – E. Bronson Ingram Front Desk
- Nicholas S. Zeppos and Rothschild Colleges – Zeppos Front Desk
- Blakemore, Branscomb (Lupton, Scales, Stapleton, and Vaughn) and McTyeire – Branscomb Front Desk
- Chaffin, Lewis, Mayfield, and Morgan – Lewis Front Desk
- Village at Vanderbilt Townhouses and South Tower – Branscomb Front Desk through Sunday, Aug. 21; Hank Ingram Front Desk beginning Monday, Aug. 22
- Commons – Hank Ingram Front Desk