The Staff Women’s Advancement and Equity Council (Staff WAVE) is seeking new members. Nominations are being accepted through May 7.
Established in January 2019, Staff WAVE works to foster an environment of equity, opportunity, fulfillment and empowerment for all women at Vanderbilt University by working to identify women’s concerns within the workplace with a goal of addressing them through education, dialogue, community and collective action.
The council enthusiastically welcomes staff who can devote approximately one to three hours per month to its work. Meeting frequency is currently once per month. Applicants or nominees should be open with their managers about this time commitment. The council strives to plan meetings and events during hours accessible to most employees.
Applicants or nominees will be selected by a sub-committee within the Staff WAVE Council, which will seek to identify diverse new members who represent a variety of career stages, experiences, goals and identities. The council welcomes applicants or nominees who are thoughtful, culturally aware and who are comfortable speaking in group settings.
Staff WAVE has a total of 10 open slots. If you or someone you know is interested in participating in this work, please apply (or nominate) here.
Current members are:
- Cara Tuttle Bell, Project Safe Center (past chair)
- Danielle Certa, Office of the Provost (chair)
- Rory Dicker, Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center
- Tiffany Lawrence Givens, School of Medicine
- Jamie Linski, Development and Alumni Relations
- Dominique Millen, Law School
- Leshuan Oliver, Public Safety
- Kathleen Seabolt, Child and Family Center
- Fran Spurrier, VUIT
- Joanne Wang, School of Engineering