Chancellor Daniel Diermeier and the Faculty Senate will celebrate Vanderbilt’s faculty by presenting many of the university’s highest honors at the 2022 Spring Faculty Assembly on Thursday, April 28.
The event will be in the Student Life Center Ballroom starting at 4:10 p.m, with a musical prelude beginning at 4 p.m. An outdoor reception for attendees will immediately follow in the Student Life Center courtyard. The event will not be livestreamed but will be recorded and posted for later viewing on the Faculty Senate portal.
Faculty Senate Chair Mark Magnuson, professor of molecular physiology and biophysics and Louise B. McGavock Chair, will give opening remarks and present the spring faculty awards with Diermeier.
Awards for this event include:
- Madison Sarratt Prize for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Ellen Gregg Ingalls Award for Excellence in Classroom Teaching
- Harvie Branscomb Distinguished Professor Award
- Alexander Heard Distinguished Service Professor Award
- Joe B. Wyatt Distinguished University Professor Award
- Joseph A. Johnson, Jr. Distinguished Leadership Professor Award
The event will begin with a musical performance from Blair faculty members.
*Registration is encouraged but not required to attend in person.